Sunday, April 6, 2014

My Definition Of True Love

Growing up I always thought true love was fairytale like, happy endings and prince charmings. I thought it was all about getting in trouble and having your night and shining armor to save you. I thought it was surpassing an evil witch and happy endings. I thought true love was red roses, expensive gifts, a kiss in the rain, deep explanations and a good story to tell. But growing up I’ve realized it was not about that at all.

See because true love for me is having ugly selfies, late night texts and getting mad when one falls asleep ahead. It’s getting mad over stupid things and breaking-up for nonsense reasons but eventually can’t resist each other’s presence. It’s saying all the wrong things at the worst moment. It’s being honest even if it hurts. It’s tears from laughter, tears from pain. It’s never running out of things to talk about and being comfortable in the silence of things. True love is watching the lamest movies together and arguing over who pays the jeepney fare. It’s spilling your feelings at 12AM when you should be asleep. It’s hearing that song on the radio that always make you smile. It’s nothing like any storybook you have ever read and it’s the worst story you could ever imagine but thank God it worked out anyways. True love is never losing the magic. True love is believing everything is worth it through it all.


I like my definition better anyways.




Article inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment